Friday, November 29, 2013

Two Truths and a Lie: Were You Right?

It looks like only three of you guessed correctly!

1. I have two differently shaped ears which caused the doctors to look into my kidneys when I was born. TRUE!

When I was born, the doctors noticed that I have a raised area in one ear, but not the other. Apparently a baby's ears and kidneys develop at the same time in the womb, so there was concern that one of my kidneys was also malformed. Tests were run and turns out my kidneys are perfectly fine.



2. I graduated high school in three years even though I failed one of my core classes my senior year. TRUE!

One of my friends decided to graduate in three years, so I decided to look into it as well. I was only a few credits from having enough to graduate, so I decided that my junior year of high school would be my last year. I had to take an online course through the local college to make sure I got some sort of "practical arts" credit (I took an entrepreneurship class,) but that's the only "extra" thing I had to do to graduate early. Unfortunately my father had a stroke and landed in the hospital the day of my presentation for my world history class, so I wasn't able to present. I emailed both my english and world history teachers (the two classes were taught together,) to tell them what had happened. When I got my grades, my english teacher gave me an "A" while my world history teacher failed me. One and only "F" I ever got in my school career.

Another fun story about me graduating early: The day before graduation, we had to do a run through to make sure everyone knew where they had to be on the big day. Everyone had a chair with their name on it, but mine was missing. I had to call my mom to come pick me up and go to my school to figure out what had happened. Apparently the professor who was teaching my online class hadn't sent in my grade to my high school, so as far as they were concerned, I didn't have enough credits to graduate. I had to rush over to the college and beg the teacher to grade my final project so I could graduate the next day. Thankfully I was able to walk, but it was a close call!

 3. Between myself and my two sisters, I am the only one who got their drivers license at 16. FALSE!

I'm actually the sister who got her license at the oldest age at 20. I just never felt ready at ages 16-18 to get my license and my parents also didn't have the money to buy me a car, so a license felt pointless. The only reason I got it at 20 was because I had broken up with my boyfriend of 3.5 years who always drove me around, and I needed a way to get myself to and from work and school. I ended up getting my license and buying my first car, a 2001 Ford Focus, off of a schoolmate for $1,500.

Thank you everyone for playing! I hope this was a fun way to learn a little more about me.

5 comments:

  1. ah i loved reading this!! i don't know how i missed the one before it!
    i hope you had a great thanksgiving my dear. enjoy the rest of the weekend!
    xxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was wrong. :( I knew #1 was a possibility b/c my nephew was born with only one fully formed functioning ear and they do kidney checks on him to be sure they formed & are functioning properly. Thank god, he is perfectly fine! That was a fun little game!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay I was right!! I forgot to post my answers. I should do that now. What an awful history teacher. Flunking someone for being in the hospital with her seriously ill father?! Heartless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an awful history teacher! Seriously. And how stressful to have to rush around getting your online credits so you could graduate.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw man, I was wrong. But I did figure out the ear thing couldn't possible be made up, so there's that. :)

    By the way, I nominated you today for the Stork Award. Check out my blog!

    ReplyDelete