How far along: 27 weeks, 1 day!
Total Weight Gain/Loss: According to my OB's scale today, I'm up 10 pounds from my pre-pregnancy weight.
- food aversions, specifically protein; chicken is getting easier to eat and I'll eat beef if Keegan grills it.
- loss of sex drive
- getting winded easier
- super vibrant dreams
- heartburn / acid reflux
- round ligament pains
- fast heart rate
- Swelling - I was told to get a chain for my rings so that they don't have to cut them off when I go into labor.
- lower back and period like pains - my OB said that they're most likely Braxton Hicks contractions
- I had two contractions this weekend that were bad enough for me to turn to Keegan and tell him they hurt
- I noticed this week that my nipples and the surround area have gotten darker, but only half of them. Keegan caught me inspecting my chest and said that it was funny that my Vitiligo (loss of pigment in the skin; my dad has it throughout his body, so far I've only noticed it on my elbows, knees and scalp,) had affected my nipples. I hadn't thought of that being the cause, I thought I was just a strange pregnant lady with half dark nipples!
- I think I'm leaking. Not so much that my bra is wet when I take it off, but just enough that I've noticed a few crusties on my nipples.
Maternity clothes: Every day. Still able to fit into my pre-pregnancy PJs, but I've started wearing Keegan's t-shirts to bed more often.
Stretch marks: The stretch mark I noticed last week now has a friend on the opposite side of my belly.
Sleep: This week has been better in the sleep department except for one night when I was up 8 times to pee.
Best moment last week: Nothing really stands out, just happy that Breadcrumb has continued to grow and give me reassuring kicks that he's doing well in there.
Movement: Yep! I rarely feel movement above my bellybutton, it's almost always really low near my pubic bone. During my OB appointment, I was told he's still head down, so I'm sure I'm feeling more punches than kicks.
Food cravings: Water. I can't seem to get enough!
Gender: Our little man!
Labor signs: Two painful contractions on Saturday and a few Braxton Hicks throughout the week
Belly button? Still shallow. Hasn't changed much recently.
What I miss: A nice cold Coke sounds so good in this heat!
What I am looking forward to: Our first baby shower is just 13 days away! My OB requested that she see me before we make the long drive just to double check everything is ok and to give me a copy of my medical records, just in case, so I'll see her next Thursday as well.
Baby Buys: Still holding out for our baby showers, but we did buy a photo display system for the nursery.
Milestones: I officially go to the OB every two weeks now! When I was told that, I realized just how soon Breadcrumb could make his appearance. 10 weeks until full term, and 13 until the due date. Of course he could come at any moment now, but I'd prefer him to stay in for at least another 10 weeks.
I also had my first internal cervical check at my appointment today which, after almost 6 months of not having sex, was extremely uncomfortable.
I started the process of getting a breast pump from my insurance which they'll cover 100% as well as getting signed up for childbirth classes. I'll also do my glucose test sometime this week.
I wanted to post something for Mother's Day, but couldn't figure out the right words. There were so many other bloggers who said exactly what I wanted to much more eloquently than I ever could, so I didn't know how to add in my voice. Just know that I'm always thinking of you all, no matter if your baby is in your arms, in your tummy or in your heart.