Thursday, February 7, 2013

Holy Cycle Day 1 Batman!

This picture really has nothing to do with my post, I just thought it was funny. 

As you have probably inferred, today is cycle day 1, and it's been a bitch of a day. I think it's safe to assume that my periods off birth control are going to be noticeably more difficult to deal with than the periods I experienced while on birth control. My BC periods were typically a day or two of spotting, a couple of days of....leaking for lack of a better word, and then I was finished. This period has been two days of spotting and one day of OH MY GOD I'M BLEEDING LIKE A STUCK PIG! Who knows what fun tomorrow will bring. I'm also being forced to deal with: 
  • passing clots
  • a backache from hell
  • a pissed off uterus
  • diarrhea (which isn't actually isn't anything new; I haven't really had solid poops since starting on the Metformin) (yes, I went there.) (sorry for the TMI) 
  • nausea (again, nothing new)
  • the whole spectrum of emotions 
So far, I haven't broken down crying in public or ripped anyone's head off, but tomorrow is a new day.

You know what I hate most about having my period since we've started trying to conceive? It's bad enough that my body has to tell me that this cycle hasn't worked (yet again,) but it has to twist a knife into my back and taunt me with chocolate while doing it.

Amen sister, amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment