It's been a few days since I've written, so I have a lot of topics I want to write about. Bullet points it is!
- My mom called me Friday morning to tell me that my youngest sister was in a car accident. She was hyperventilating and complaining about her neck and head hurting, so she was taken to the hospital. She's fine, just sore from the whiplash, but she totaled my parent's only working car. I have a very ranty post that was written on Friday which I may post later, depending on how much of my family's "dirty laundry" I want to air. Let's just say that my sisters lack of apology wasn't unexpected.
- Thankfully my parents were able to get a rental car just in time to drive down to my cousin's wedding on Saturday. The wedding was on the groom's family "farm" (I say farm loosely because as far as I could tell, they don't raise livestock or grow crops,) and it absolutely beautiful. I hadn't seen this side of my mom's family in over ten years, so it was nice to catch up with them.
Photo taken by Keegan of the gazebo that was used during the cocktail hour.
- I believe that I ovulated late Saturday night or early Sunday. I had a flaming positive on a cheap OPK and a smiley face on the digital OPK Saturday morning, but a negative on both Sunday morning. Keegan and I sexed Saturday night, Sunday morning and Sunday night, so hopefully we covered our bases. So far, my temperature hasn't jumped like it normally does after ovulation. I'm not sure if the Clomid is to blame, or the fact that I've been waking up freezing these last few days. During the night, temperatures here in Mississippi get into the 40s and 50s, but we're being stubborn and not turning on the heat yet, especially since it'll get up in the 70s during the day.
- Did anyone else have wacky temperatures on Clomid? Before ovulation, my temps jumped around without rhyme or reason. After ovulation, they're taking their sweet time increasing which is odd for me. I'm used to two days of positive OPKs, then a huge jump in temperatures confirming the fact that I ovulated.
- I meant to write about this earlier, but I seem to be one of the lucky ones and didn't have any side effects from the Clomid. I was fully expecting hot flashes every day and a five day headache, but I didn't notice anything. I might have had a hot flash the third night of the medication, but I did get sun burned that day, so I don't know if I should blame the 3 minutes of sweating on the Clomid or my stupidity. I did notice that my lower abdomen felt...fuller for lack of a better word. I wasn't crampy, I was just more aware of my ovaries.
- The night before ovulation, I had the worst ovulation pain I can remember. My lower abdomen was so tender, that when Keegan snuggled close, I yelped and pushed him off. I'm hoping that this means that the Clomid is making my follicles big and juicy, not exasperating the cysts that are most likely hanging around.
- I was a dingbat and forgot to sign up for ICLW.