Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Breadcrumb Week 31

How far along: 31 weeks!

Total Weight Gain/Loss: Up 17 pounds from pre-pregnancy weight as of 6/6 

Symptoms:
  • food aversions, specifically protein - I can eat beef and chicken if Keegan throws it on the BBQ
  • tiredness exhaustion 
  • loss of sex drive
  • constipation
  • getting winded easier
  • super vibrant dreams  
  • heartburn / acid reflux - an every day occurrence. 
  • round ligament pains
  • fast heart rate
  • Swelling - hasn't been too bad recently. The temperatures are getting hotter and hotter by the day, however, so I'm interested to see if this changes. 
  • Braxton Hicks
  • I've officially had to go up a size in underwear. 
  • Gravity is my enemy - getting up from sitting to standing is painful and trying to roll over / get out of bed is an Olympic event.
  • I'm starting to realize what my limits are. I can run one or two errands, but I tire out pretty fast. 
  • Gestational Diabetes 
  • Nausea - not sure if this is a third trimester symptom or one due to the Metformin
  • General aches and pains. Hello third trimester! 

Maternity clothes: All day, every day. Only have two shirts that don't show the stretchy part of my maternity pants. I can't seem to find shirts that are long enough! 

Stretch marks: Keegan says I have a few more. I'll have to take his word since I can't see the underside of my belly. 

Sleep: Another week of good and bad nights. 

Best moment last week: We got a surprise 3D/4D ultrasound at our OB appointment! Seeing Breadcrumb's little button nose made me cry during the entire ultrasound. 



Movement: I've been feeling less jabs from kicks and punches and more rolls across my belly. Whenever he's moving, it shakes my entire belly and I've also started feeling hiccups! He's head down, so I feel them right along my pubic bone which is....interesting to say the least. I can also feel hard areas of my belly when he's curled up on one side or the other which I'm thinking is a bum. 

Food cravings: Water. I can't seem to get enough! I've also really been enjoying fresh fruit like strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, grapes and watermelon. 

Gender: Our little man!

Labor signs: I've been feeling a lot of pressure "down low" lately which was confirmed when my OB said that he's for sure head down. 

Belly button? Still shallow. Hasn't changed much recently.   

What I miss: A nice cold Coke sounds so good in this heat!   

What I am looking forward to: Continuing our childbirth classes and our appointment on 6/23. We also have a baby shower thrown by some of Keegan's co-workers the last weekend of June. 

Baby Buys: Found two pairs of pants in the WalMart clearance section for $1 each, and started buying supplies for our hospital bag. 

Milestones: Just counting down the weeks! 6 weeks until full term, 9 until our due date!



------------------------------------------

Our appointment on 6/6 was pretty good. Like I stated above, we got a surprise 3D/4D ultrasound which was one of the coolest things I've ever seen. We also got a CD of the entire ultrasound and close to 10 pictures. 

We also spoke in length about my gestational diabetes which I'll do a more in depth post about soon. I am officially considered high risk, but the big thing that I took away from our conversation is that at the current time, induction is not on the table. Dr. L said it could be if we wanted to, but we'd rather let Breadcrumb choose when he wants to come as long as both he and I continue to look healthy. 

As of right now, I will continue having appointments every two weeks like any patient in their third trimester, but I'll have ultrasounds at almost every appointment to track his size. Dr. L said that if we get to 36/37/38 weeks and we realize he's a 10 pound baby, then we'll talk about induction and potentially a c-section. The rest of the pregnancy will really be a wait and see game and however Breadcrumb comes into this world will depend on his size. We do know that ultrasound measurements are not perfectly accurate, so if induction / c-section is brought up, Keegan and I will have a lengthy discussion and decide what's best for us and our son. 

7 comments:

  1. Glad to hear things are going well! :) And I'm glad your OB isn't immediately pushing for induction/C-Section because of GD, but waiting to see how things progress. Getting close!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it's exciting and scary at the same time! Thanks for the well wishes!

      Delete
  2. Lots of babies are born vaginally that weigh 10lbs or bigger. Read spiritual midwifery...its hilarious because its the natural birth stories of a bunch of hippie women so the language is all "groovy and far out"! Lots of stories of all different sized and positioned babies that were born naturally and safely. Bread crumb is a super cutie! I cried through the first 3d US we had too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I know large babies are born every day, that's why if induction is ever brought up because of size, Keegan and I would have a long discussion about what we feel is right. Thank you for reminding me about that book, I've been meaning to read it!

      Delete
  3. Oh my god you're saved from my enormous rant by idiotic blogger eating my comment. Basically: big babies are not as scary as everyone wants you to think <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! That's why K and I would talk before agreeing to an induction based on size for sure <3

      Delete
  4. I was so annoyed that all my maternity shirts ended up being too short by 30ish weeks! Why don't they make longer ones?!? I ended up wearing the two shirts that were long enough, and then just leggings w/dresses (that fit like long shirts that point).
    Anyway, I love the 3D/4D pics. So amazing. And I think my girl ended up looking a lot like her pics, so you may have a little idea of what your boy will look like (looks adorable to me!).
    I'm glad your doctor isn't pushing an induction right away. Most estimates I've seen are on the bigger side. Though I think the estimate they gave me at 40 weeks was on target.
    You're getting so close!!!

    ReplyDelete