Monday, June 16, 2014

Breadcrumb Week 32

How far along: 32 weeks!

Total Weight Gain/Loss: Up 17 pounds from pre-pregnancy weight as of 6/6 

Symptoms:
  • food aversions, specifically protein - I can eat beef and chicken if Keegan throws it on the BBQ
  • tiredness exhaustion 
  • loss of sex drive
  • constipation
  • getting winded easier
  • super vibrant dreams  
  • heartburn / acid reflux  
  • round ligament pains
  • fast heart rate
  • Swelling - I have my good and bad days with this
  • Braxton Hicks
  • I've officially had to go up a size in underwear. 
  • Gravity is my enemy - getting up from sitting to standing is painful and trying to roll over / get out of bed is an Olympic event.
  • I'm starting to realize what my limits are. I can run one or two errands, but I tire out pretty fast. 
  • Gestational Diabetes 
  • General aches and pains. Hello third trimester! 
  • Increased discharge
  • Charlie Horse cramps

Maternity clothes: All day, every day. Hoping to find at least another shirt this weekend so I'll have 3 shirts that still fit. 

Stretch marks: Ya, I've got 'em. I don't know how many, and I don't care to know. Thankfully they're all down low so if I ever decide to wear a bikini (ya right!) they should be covered. 

Sleep: Sleep has been rough. I've been getting really bad leg cramps nightly that wake me up and keep me awake for a while until they subside. They also keep bothering me throughout the next day and make it hard to walk. I'm also just generally uncomfortable so finding a good sleeping position has been rough. 

Best moment last week: We've been going to a childbirth/brestfeeding class on Tuesdays for the last two weeks. The first class went over what happens during the different stages of labor and this week's class went over the different interventions that can happen at the hospital. It's been super informative and I look forward to going to class all week!

Movement: Movement is starting to slow down. I still feel him daily, but it's less kicks and punches and more elbows/knees rolling across my entire belly. I'm feeling very stretched out, so his movements have made my whole belly feel like one big bruise!  

Food cravings: Water. I am constantly thirsty! Also, watermelon, but I think that's just another way for me to quench my thirst. 

Gender: Our little man!

Labor signs: I've been feeling a lot of pressure "down low" as well as a general soreness in the belly region. I get one or two contractions a night, usually during the last couple of hours of work or when I get home. 

Belly button? The top half of my belly button is totally flat, but the bottom half still has a bit to go before it's an outie.    

What I miss: A nice cold Coke sounds so good in this heat!   

What I am looking forward to: Continuing our childbirth classes and our appointment on 6/23. We also have a baby shower thrown by some of Keegan's co-workers the last weekend of June which I'm really excited about. 

Baby Buys: Holding off on buying anything (except for household items to get ready for the weeks after baby comes,) until after our last baby shower at the end of June. My parents and sister are coming down for the 4th of July weekend, so I'll take my mom and sister shopping for any last minute baby items we need. 

Milestones: Hitting 32 weeks. I don't know why, but it 32 seems so far along! 



----------

I think I've hit the third trimester "blahs." Being this pregnant in the Mississippi summer is really taking its toll on me. I'm tired and hot and achy and waddling like a penguin. I'm not used to feeling so worn out after doing a load of laundry or cleaning up the kitchen. My house is a mess, I want to pack our hospital bags and the nursery is not done. I want to finish it all NOW, but my body won't let me get a lot done at one time. I'm not used to having my body be the limiting factor when I want to accomplish something, so I've had to work through some emotions about not being able to do as much as I used to. I'm also a planner and not knowing when Breadcrumb will make his appearance is stressing me out. 

I know this sounds like complaining, and I suppose it technically is, but just know that no matter what I say, I am beyond thankful to be here. 

7 comments:

  1. I feel your pain! I had to LOL at the part about rolling over and getting out of bed being an Olympic event. That's exactly what it's like for me! I feel ridiculous and I'm sure DH thinks I'm exaggerating when I grunt and sigh and take forever just to roll over. Even getting off the couch is a struggle. I don't see your comments as complaining. Pregnancy isn't all fun, no matter how much you appreciate it. Our bodies changing like they are and limiting what and how much we can do is a mind fuck. Everyone worries about being ready for baby. In the end, things will get done. Maybe not everything before baby comes, but soon after. And whatever doesn't get done probably didn't need to be done in the first place. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I'm not the only one making a lot of noise to roll over / get out of bed. I'm surprised I haven't woken K up yet with all of the grunts and sighs I make! Thanks for the pep talk. You're right, what doesn't get done before baby obviously wasn't that important!

      Delete
  2. 32 weeks IS far along! It's exciting! Is there any way you can get a cleaning service to come once a week to tackle some of the things that are hardest for you? When I was a nanny (and working 70-hour weeks) cleaning was just TOO MUCH, and Matt couldn't get through it all either, so we would have someone come in to clean the bathrooms and tackle any messes we'd become overwhelmed by. It was a life saver. Unfortunately we can't afford it now that I'm making less than half what I used to :-/

    Anyway, the class sounds great! I hope it continues to be interesting :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've told Keegan that a great present would be for a cleaning crew to come in and do a really good deep clean (scrub toilets, clean baseboards and fans, scrub floors,) but I doubt he's looked into it since I mentioned it. I think I'm going to bring it up again and see what he says. With him working 70+ hours as well, we just don't have time to clean!

      Delete
  3. Yay for baby shower! Yeah this is around the time I started feeling quite blah. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i lost my shit when i hit 30 weeks. then 31. and 32. but then after 35 it all felt so slow! ha ha.
    you are beautiful! i wish i could hug you and rub your belly all day ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really enjoyed our prenatal classes, glad you are as well. I don't blame you for complaining about the heat, being super pregnant in summer would be hard!

    ReplyDelete