Monday, January 28, 2013

Curiouser and Curiouser

As I've stated before in past entries, I had no idea what was going to happen during this cycle. Before I found out that I had PCOS and was put on birth control to regulate my cycles, I had a 4 month cycle. Months of first wondering if I was pregnant, then after numerous pregnancy tests, months of wondering what the hell was wrong with me. I now know that due to the PCOS, my body doesn't ovulate which means that it also doesn't feel the need to shed my uterine lining, thus resulting in a period.

This is my first cycle after being on birth control for four cycles. The hope was that putting me on birth control for a few months would force my body to regulate into a normal cycle, about 28 days. Today is cycle day 28. I know that I didn't ovulate this cycle; both my OPKs and my temperatures confirm that. I'm nervous that since I didn't ovulate, my body isn't getting the message to start a new cycle. Last night and this morning, I've felt some cramping as well as tender boobs. These are usually the signs that my period is about to come, so I'm hoping that Aunt Flow is gearing up to show her ugly face. I certainly don't want another 4 month cycle, so if this cycle runs past 40 days, I'm going to go to my doctor and see about getting a medication such as Provera to force start my period.

If my body does start a new cycle on its own, then I'm going to give it one more full cycle to see if I will ovulate "naturally," and if not, then I'm going to ask my doctor about starting on Clomid. I started using OPKs on cycle day 11 this cycle at the suggestion of my doctor, but I want to have one full cycle where I use an OPK every day just to see if I ovulate earlier than cycle day 11. Like I've said, I have no idea how my body is going to react after these last few months, so I want to give it every chance to do this "naturally" before I start pumping it full of medications.

So now we wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment