Sunday, April 14, 2013

Cycle 4, Cycle Day 3

As expected, I'm not pregnant. Aunt Flow decided to make her self known at 3:30 Friday morning. I woke up with cramps that felt like my uterus was trying to claw its way out of my body. I took two Tylenol, hoping that the medication would allow me to go back to sleep, but no such luck. I was up until all morning trying everything I could to make the cramps lesson. When curling up with a heating pad didn't work, I resorted to walking laps from my kitchen to the master bathroom and leaning over the bed and rocking. I'm pretty sure that if/when I get to experience labor, I'm going to want to move around. The best part? Keegan slept through it all. Nothing is more irritating than doubling over in pain while your husband snores on.

Finally I took one of the prescription pain killers Dr. B had given me a few months back. These were a last resort because the first (and last) time I took them, they made me extremely nauseous. I didn't really feel like puking, but on the rare chance they would lesson the pain I was in, I took them. Thank goodness they didn't make me sick this time and I was able to fall back asleep around 5:15. Just in time for Keegan's alarm to go off.

So the plan of action this cycle? I honestly don't really know. I called Dr. B's office on Friday to tell them my cycle had started, as instructed, but both Dr. B and his nurse were out that day, so I was told I would get a call back Monday to schedule my next appointment. Typically my appointments are scheduled as I check out at my last appointment, so I don't know why I had to wait until my cycle started to schedule this time. It makes me wonder if Dr. B is going to want to do some monitoring appointments this time around.

Keegan has agreed to do the semen analysis and promised me that he will make his appointment tomorrow. Fingers crossed that his little swimmers are healthy and I'm the only problem in our relationship.

Besides that, I was told to keep on keepin' on for this cycle. Continue with our OPKs, diet and exercise and to call with a positive pregnancy test. For some reason, I don't believe it'll be that easy; if it was, I feel like it would have worked the first three time we tried.

2 comments:

  1. FX crossed all goes well! I just started my cycle too. I took my first dose of Femara last night! We can be cycle buddies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. im sorry that AF decided to show her bloody face, but happy for a chance at a new cycle. i know how frustrating it can be when AF doesnt show too. we never win with that lady do we?
    keep on keepin on is right. its the best decision and im proud of you!
    and go keegan for the SA! always thinking of you two.

    ReplyDelete