Monday, August 4, 2014

Breadcrumb Week 39

How far along: 39 weeks! 

Total Weight Gain/Loss: Up 24 pounds from pre-pregnancy weight as of 8/4. 

Symptoms:
  • exhaustion 
  • loss of sex drive
  • getting winded easier
  • super vibrant dreams  
  • heartburn / acid reflux - This was just occurring during the night, but it's also been happening during the day as well this past week. 
  • I've officially had to go up a size in underwear. 
  • Gestational Diabetes 
  • General aches and pains. Hello third trimester! 
  • Increased discharge
  • Charlie Horse cramps
  • Two Three weeks of contractions after a bout that sent us to the hospital
  • A few days this last week I've had to take my rings off due to swelling. 

Maternity clothes: I have two shirts that fit now. I refuse to buy more maternity clothes, so they're just going to have to do!

Stretch marks: The ones I have are getting darker and longer. I now also have tiny ones on both sides of my hips. 

Sleep: I'm in love with my pregnancy pillow. I may not give it up after baby comes. 

Best moment last week: Keegan and I got to have a weekend of "lasts before baby comes." We went out for our anniversary, went shopping to stock up on a few necessities (but of course forgot the toilet paper, the main reason we went!) and just generally hung out. 

Movement: Movement has slowed down a lot. I still feel him at least once a day, but they're slow sweeps across my stomach and small bouts of hiccups. 

Food cravings: Water, I can't get enough! I'm also loving fresh fruit.

Gender: Our little man!

Labor signs: As of 8/4 I'm 100% effaced, 3 centimeters dilated and my cervix has "moved in front of the baby instead of being behind his head." Breadcrumb is measuring 8 pounds, 6 ounces according to the ultrasound. 

Belly button? Pretty much completely flat! The top of my belly button is sticking out a bit, but you can't see it though my shirt yet. 

What I miss: I want a fountain Coke, alfredo, and a chocolate cupcake after delivery.    

What I am looking forward to: Our little man getting here! As everyone has been saying, it could be any day now! 

Baby Buys: Nothing. Saving any baby buys for until after he gets here and we figure out if we need anything. 

Milestones: Woohoo 39 weeks! 


------------------------------------------------------

We had a long talk with our regular doctor, Dr. L, today and ultimately decided not to induce. We're not really sure why Dr. G brought up the idea of induction last week, but we're assuming it's something that she does with all of her patients. 

Dr. L said that we could have induced today if we wanted since from week 39 to week 40, all baby does is add on weight, but Keegan and I have never wanted to induce and we've wanted to do as natural a birth as possible which includes allowing baby to come when he wants. 

Since I'm progressing by myself (3 cm dilated, 100% effaced,) baby could come any day now. Dr. L said that since I'm so dilated, if my water breaks, I'll know for sure since it'll most likely come out as a huge gush. 

However, if I haven't gone into labor by our appointment next Tuesday, then we will induce. Dr. L doesn't want me to go much past 40 weeks due to the gestational diabetes and baby's size (he's measuring around 8 pounds, 6 ounces,) so we'll help things along with a bit of Pitocin. I really didn't want to use Pitocin, but Dr. L made a good case for it. I asked about cervical ripening medications, but Dr. L said that once that's inserted, what happens, happens (basically we don't have any way to control what's going on.) However with Pitocin, we can turn it up, down, or off, depending on how my body reacts. We're hoping baby will come on his own and we won't have to worry about induction at all, but if that doesn't happen, it's nice to have a plan. 

14 comments:

  1. Ahhh! So excited for you! I know I'm crappy about posting comments because I read your blog on feedly but know I have been thinking about you and Breadcrumb every day! Best wishes for a wonderful delivery and enjoy those first few days of motherhood. Have people take pictures - I wish I had more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the thoughts and wishes! Keegan is a great photographer, so he's already been assigned to picture duty, as well as my mom when he's busy. Hope you guys are doing well!

      Delete
  2. How exciting!!!!! You look great. Hoping he comes on his own and you don't have to induce! Wow! I can't believe it's time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I can't believe it's time either!

      Delete
  3. What the heck Dr. G!?! All those contractions you are having are indeed causing some progress. Fingers crossed that Breadcrumb decides to come on his own before Tuesday. Still sending birthy thoughts your way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Who knows what Dr. G was thinking, I'm just glad we got a chance to talk to Dr. L! I hope Breadcrumb is getting those birthy thoughts, Mama would like him to come sooner than later!

      Delete
  4. Wow! 3 centimeters already? way to go!! 4 is active labor!! I labored for hours before I got to 4. So excited for you, I truly hope you get to experience it naturally even if you do have to kick start with pitocin (hold out as long as you can!!). Try using evening primrose suppositories... totally worked for me! It helps to rippen the cervix. I took it at night and in the night i had bloody shoe and my water broke in the am! Also treat yourself to acupuncture...I did three sessions, sat/Mon/wed. My water broke wed am and I things really started happening after my acupuncture appt! Anyway, I wish you the best girl, you got this!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately there's no one in my itty bitty town that does acupuncture! I've wanted to try it for a long time, but I'd have to drive over an hour to find anyone. Thanks for the support, it means so much to me!

      Delete
  5. I'm so excited for you! 100% effaceent and 3cms is terrific, way to go Aislinn!! Hoping you have that lil baby (and that Coke) in your arms this week! GOOD LUCK! I'm sure you'll do beautifully xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so, so much for all of your support and cheering on!

      Delete
  6. every week i love your picture more!!!!
    can't wait to see baby!!!! totally wish i could hug the 3 of you and peek in at the hospital!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Wow. 39 weeks. You look beautiful and ready to meet your baby boy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm guessing baby might be here by now! Can't wait to hear!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ??? Bread crumb has to be here by now! I'm stalking you!

    ReplyDelete