I'm an almost 24 year old Canadian living in Mississippi. My husband, Keegan, and I have been married for almost a year and together for almost 4. We live in Mississippi due to Keegan's job, but we both grew up in Missouri and we're hoping to move back one day. We have a young cat named Mika that loves to bite our toes while we're sleeping and play fetch. If you'd like to learn more about me, read some of my posts from June. I participated in the June Blogging Challenge hosted by Waiting for Baby and posted about topics ranging from my dream labor to my advice for the "newbies." My husband even did a guest post on adoption.
If you're new here, let me catch you up on our baby makin' journey:
- Married August 4, 2012
- Went off the birth control in April-ish 2012, had missing periods until October 2012. Many pregnancy tests proved I was not pregnant.
- September 4, 2012 - doctors appointment with my local OB-GYN, diagnosed with PCOS and insulin resistance
- September 2012 - January 2013 - not trying, not preventing. Used Metformin and diet changes to try and get my body healthy enough for pregnancy
- January 2013 - first official cycle trying to conceive
- January - present:
- 7 cycles
- 30 pounds lost
- Ovulation days shifted from CD18-21 to CD14 or 15 (except for, of course, this cycle...)
- HSG preformed 6/17
- many, many negative pregnancy tests.
We're currently in the middle of our seventh cycle, waiting for ovulation which hopefully will happen before we leave for our vacation in a few days.
Again, thank you for stopping by. I hope that you'll decide to stay awhile and follow our journey of changing baby makin', to baby made.