Sunday, August 4, 2013

To My Husband On Our First Anniversary

Keegan,

Wow, I can't believe it's already been a year. At times I can't believe how fast a year has gone, and at others, it seems like it's been so much longer.

I am so unbelievably lucky to have you as a husband and best friend. To be perfectly honest, one of my biggest fears I had when we decided to move in together, hundreds of miles from both of our families, was that I would get tired of being around you almost 24/7. Since our entire relationship up to that point was spent living miles away and only seeing each other on the weekends, I was worried that we would get on each other's nerves easily. I'm proud to say that I love every minute I spend with you no matter what we do. We're both perfectly content to stay at home and watch Netflix or spend time on our computers, but we also both enjoy going out with our friends and discovering new places.

I love that you blend in well with my family, both immediate and extended. My family is extremely important to me and it makes my heart swell with love to see you interact with them. I know that my family loves you as well and that couldn't make me happier.

I'm so proud of what you've accomplished in the time we've been together, but especially in this last year. You've gone from a young college student thrown into a difficult position in a rough and tumble industry, to an extremely hard working man who gets the friendship and respect of his coworkers. I can't thank you enough for all of the work you do to support our family.

Over this last year, my love for you has grown more than I ever thought it could. I can't thank you enough for being by my side during my highest highs and my lowest lows. As we both know, this baby makin' journey has been tougher than we ever thought it would be, but I couldn't imagine anyone else by my side. Our children are going to be so lucky to have you as a father.

Thank you for being my best friend, my cuddle buddy, my rock and my love. My hope is that we have many more years together as amazing as this last one has been.



Engagement picture

Wedding picture
A few days before our first anniversary 


7 comments:

  1. Cute and sweet!!! Happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys are so cute! This was a great letter. I loved reading it and I bet he did too :) My husband and I celebrate out first anniversary next month; I'll have to remember this for then!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary Aislinn!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet, sweet letter. And I love the pictures, too!

    ReplyDelete