- I apologize for the silence on this slice of the interwebs. Work has been crazy busy this past week, so my normal blogging time during my lunch break has disappeared. Of course, I could write when I get home, but my in-laws are visiting this weekend for the first time since we purchased our house, so my evenings have been spent cleaning. Nothing will convince you to deep clean your house and hang those pictures you've meant to hang for the last two years like a visit from your in-laws.
- Monday, Keegan and I got to see Tegan and Sara and Fun in concert. I've loved Tegan and Sara since I was in junior high, so they were the highlight of the concert for me, but Fun was really...well, fun, and energetic. I'm trying to convince Keegan to go with me to see the The Lumineers in October next.
- While in Tuscaloosa for the concert, Keegan and I had to stop by Men's Warehouse so that Keegan could get fitted for a tux for one of his best friend's weddings in October. We made it extremely clear that he was getting fitted there, but would be picking up the tux in Illinois. After checking out and paying, we looked at our receipt and noticed that it said our pick up location is in Louisiana. Please explain how one could confused Illinois with Louisiana. Keegan called to try and figure out the mix-up, but couldn't get a solid yes or no if the problem had been fixed. Guess we're going to be going to the wedding with our fingers crossed that the tux has been delivered to the correct place.
- I'm one or two days past ovulation, depending on how my temperatures continue to rise. We had pretty crappy timing this cycle, due to above mentioned working and cleaning, so we only sexed on the day that I believe I ovulated. I have little hope for this cycle and am looking forward to our first Clomid cycle.
- Along those same lines, we've been going back and forth about getting the laparoscopy done. At first I figured we'd do it if our Clomid cycles don't work, before we moved onto IUI or IVF, but after reading the comments on my last post, I'm starting to second guess that. Many of you said that you didn't have severe symptoms, but still found Endometriosis. I would love to do the lap first, just to rule out the possibility before we start paying for medicated cycles, but I got an estimate from my hospital and the surgery would be over $8,000. I haven't spoken to my insurance companies yet to see if they would cover any of the cost, but I'm not expecting that they will. I would just hate to spend money on Clomid to then find out that it wouldn't have worked anyways. On the flip side, I'd hate to spend $8,000 to not find anything. $18 per round of Clomid is certainly cheaper than $8,000, but it's more than the money. I'd hate to spend the time of 3-4 cycles to just find out that it wouldn't have worked. So many decisions, and I hate that it looks like money will be the deciding factor.
- All of that being said, I've started the early process of looking into an RE. Dr. B has been great at getting us this far, but if we're going to start talking about IVF (as per recommendation from Dr. B at my last appointment,) I want the experience of someone who deals with this day in and day out, not just an OB/GYN who can prescribe Clomid. How did you ladies find your RE? Was he/she someone you were referred to by your OB/GYN or did you search for them yourselves?
I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!