Sunday, April 27, 2014

Breadcrumb Week 25

How far along: 25 weeks!

Total Weight Gain/Loss: No scale, no idea. I'm kind of liking not knowing how much I weigh. Not that I was obsessive with it at the beginning of pregnancy, but I was really worried about gaining "too much" since my POCS wasn't being regulated with Metformin. So far, though, I think I'm gaining appropriately (or at least my OB hasn't said anything,) and I'm feeling good about my weight and my body. It's nice not to worry about the number on the scale, and just see myself and Breadcrumb grow.  

Symptoms:
  • food aversions, specifically protein.
  • tiredness
  • loss of sex drive
  • constipation
  • getting winded easier
  • super vibrant dreams - Thankfully only one or two nightmares, the rest have been pretty pleasant, just strange. I dreamed this week that I owned a tiger and a pit bull and they were best friends. 
  • heartburn / acid reflux  
  • round ligament pains
  • fast heart rate
  • Swelling - I thought this was just due to our drive last week, but my feet and hands have continued to swell most days. All I can say is thank goodness for flip flop / Tom's weather. My feet have taken to swelling by the end of the day, so being able to wear flip flops or my roomy Tom's has been nice. 
  • I don't know if I'd say I'm waddling quite yet, but I've noticed I walk differently than I used to. I'm leaning back more, and I have more of a sway in my hips when I walk. 
  • My sciatic nerve is acting up, specifically when I lay down. When I have to get up to pee, I'm hunched over like an old lady because it hurts to stretch my right butt cheek and lower back out. 

Maternity clothes: I think we're getting into maxi dress season! Lately it's been in the upper 70s to upper 80s in the afternoons, so I'm excited to wear some dresses! 

Stretch marks: Nothing new!  

Sleep: I have found a new love for my pregnancy pillow. Keegan gave me one for Christmas, and I was trying to use it throughout my first trimester, but I just didn't need it. It spent a few weeks on our bedroom floor, but as I've been getting more and more uncomfortable sleeping, I invited it back into bed with us. I've finally found a few positions around the pillow that are comfortable, and they have made getting to sleep a lot easier.  

Best moment last week: I got to see Breadcrumb's movements from the outside! His kicks/punches have been getting a lot stronger, and I've been able to feel most of them from the outside. I was at work on Saturday when he was kicking (punching?) up a storm, and I got to see a few of them from the outside! I tried to take a video, but they didn't show up well. Hopefully I can get some footage to send to our families soon. 

Keegan's coworker, as well as one of my friends down in Mississippi have asked to throw us showers! This means that we'll have three showers, which I feel is too much, but I'm so thankful that we have such thoughtful friends down here. It's been hard being away from our core group of family and friends during pregnancy, and it's nice to think that the friends we've made down in Mississippi are as excited about Breadcrumb's arrival as we are. 

Movement: He's still a little stinker, but has gotten better. I've noticed he has a few patterns. Eating breakfast will normally get him to move, as well as taking a shower. He'll also give me a few goodnight kicks/punches when I'm lounging in bed, but Keegan has yet to feel them, he just doesn't have the patience!  

Food cravings: I've been downing water like it's going out of style. I can't wait to see how much I'm drinking (and subsequently peeing) when it's 100 degrees outside! 

Gender: Our little man!

Labor signs: Zilch, thank goodness.

Belly button? It's stopped shallowing out and is now stretching sideways? Maybe I'll still have an innie by the end of pregnancy, just a very...squinty one.   

What I miss: Coke, and not peeing so much. One of Keegan's friends said it doesn't get better after delivery, so I guess I'll have to get used to it!    

What I am looking forward to: Our first baby shower is just a month away!

Baby Buys: Nothing this week. When I first found out we were pregnant, I was constantly on the hunt for good deals on baby clothes and items. Now, I've calmed down and I'm just waiting to see if we need to buy anything after our showers.

Milestones: It hit me recently that we're in the countdown! 15ish weeks until we meet our Breadcrumb!


5 comments:

  1. so jealous of your weather! and that sweet bump!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute dress! Switching to counting down is crazy isn't it? Check out eBay for awesome deals on baby clothes after your showers, I'm obsessed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, only 15 weeks remaining? Time is going fast. I'm so glad that sleep is a bit better with the help of a good pillow. And yay for friends celebrating your little man!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look so cut in your dress!! I want to wear maxis but none of mine are work-appropriate. Siiiigh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kicks from the outside?!! How exciting and what a great milestone to reach.

    ReplyDelete