Monday, May 20, 2013

I'll Write A Real Post....Someday

I promise, I'm going to write a real post someday, but for now, you get bullet points....again.
  • After our appointment fail on Thursday, I emailed my nurse and asked for a copy of Keegan's SA results. Here they are: 
    • Count: 23.5 million/mL (doctor considers anything over 20 million/mL normal)
    • Morphology: 99% (doctor considers anything over 30% normal)
    • Motility: 90% (doctor considers anything over 50% normal) 
    • PH: 8.0 (doctor considers anything between 7.2-8.0 normal)
    • Volume: 2 mL (doctor considers anything between 2-5 mL normal)
 So, just like the phone call said, Keegan is pretty much normal. While I'm happy that there's nothing wrong with him, the results just solidifies that all of our conceiving problems are my fault. It was kind of bitter sweet to hear the results. FYI, WebMD has a good article on semen analysis and what all of the tests mean if you're a noob like me and didn't know.
  • Keegan's cousin and her family visited us this weekend on their drive from Arizona to Georgia, so as a treat, I bought ice cream sandwiches (you know, with the temperatures being in the upper 80s, low 90s lately.) I noticed on Sunday that after eating a sandwich or two, that my stomach got super upset and I had really bad...digestion issues. I thought that it was just a fluke, but I got sick again today after eating one mid-afternoon. So, my question to you ladies is, has anyone ever had problems with dairy while on Metformin? I'm not a big milk drinker, so I can't say if I have problems with just plain milk, but I know I have stomach issues after eating Mexican food (most likely the queso,) and now with the ice cream sandwiches. I've read that women with PCOS should stay away from dairy in general, but I haven't read many accounts of women having digestion problems if they choose to eat it while on Metformin.
  • I've been wanting to get a few more infertility related books, so I'm looking to you ladies for recommendations. I've read Navigating The Land of IF as well as How To Make Love To A Plastic Cup (more a guy's book, but I figured if I was going to ask Keegan to read it, I should as well.) I've heard that the The Conception Chronicles is good, as well as the Silent Sorority, The Inadequate Conception, and What He Can Expect When She's Not Expecting. Anyone have any other recommendations? 
  • I emailed the financial people at the hospital where I would get the HSG done. They confirmed the price of $3859 if insurance doesn't cover anything. Like I said before, we're going to move some things around to come up with the money during this cycle and then schedule the procedure for next cycle (assuming I don't get pregnant this cycle.) 
And, just for fun: 

Reminder: I want to do a Q&A session, so if you have any questions for me (I'll answer almost anything!) leave them on this post

Hope you lovely ladies are doing well! 

4 comments:

  1. I hope you get pregnant this cycle and don't need the HSG next cycle. Crossing everything for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi from ICLW!

    I'm also interested in finding some new books to read, and will keep checking back to see what folks respond to you! I hope to write a post tomorrow with the books I've read so far and asking for more suggestions, in case you're interested: infertilechemist.wordpress.org

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad you made a decision and found a way to move forward with the HSG. Although it would be much better if you got pregnant this cycle. Fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete