- After our appointment fail on Thursday, I emailed my nurse and asked for a copy of Keegan's SA results. Here they are:
- Count: 23.5 million/mL (doctor considers anything over 20 million/mL normal)
- Morphology: 99% (doctor considers anything over 30% normal)
- Motility: 90% (doctor considers anything over 50% normal)
- PH: 8.0 (doctor considers anything between 7.2-8.0 normal)
- Volume: 2 mL (doctor considers anything between 2-5 mL normal)
- Keegan's cousin and her family visited us this weekend on their drive from Arizona to Georgia, so as a treat, I bought ice cream sandwiches (you know, with the temperatures being in the upper 80s, low 90s lately.) I noticed on Sunday that after eating a sandwich
or two, that my stomach got super upset and I had really bad...digestion issues. I thought that it was just a fluke, but I got sick again today after eating one mid-afternoon. So, my question to you ladies is, has anyone ever had problems with dairy while on Metformin? I'm not a big milk drinker, so I can't say if I have problems with just plain milk, but I know I have stomach issues after eating Mexican food (most likely the queso,) and now with the ice cream sandwiches. I've read that women with PCOS should stay away from dairy in general, but I haven't read many accounts of women having digestion problems if they choose to eat it while on Metformin.
- I've been wanting to get a few more infertility related books, so I'm looking to you ladies for recommendations. I've read Navigating The Land of IF as well as How To Make Love To A Plastic Cup (more a guy's book, but I figured if I was going to ask Keegan to read it, I should as well.) I've heard that the The Conception Chronicles is good, as well as the Silent Sorority, The Inadequate Conception, and What He Can Expect When She's Not Expecting. Anyone have any other recommendations?
- I emailed the financial people at the hospital where I would get the HSG done. They confirmed the price of $3859 if insurance doesn't cover anything. Like I said before, we're going to move some things around to come up with the money during this cycle and then schedule the procedure for next cycle (assuming I don't get pregnant this cycle.)
Reminder: I want to do a Q&A session, so if you have any questions for me (I'll answer almost anything!) leave them on this post!
Hope you lovely ladies are doing well!