1. Morning sickness - apparently if you're super sick during pregnancy, you're having a girl but if you had no morning sickness, you're having a boy. While I didn't throw up often (so far only once the entire pregnancy!) I was super nauseous for weeks and ended up losing 14 pounds. I'd say girl.
2. Cravings - according to some websites, if you crave sweet things, you're having a girl, but if you crave sour or protein rich foods, you're having a boy. So far I've craved potatoes and mac n' cheese pizza, so I don't know if that falls under either category. My sweet tooth has come back, but I'm still avoiding meat, so I guess girl?
3. Heartbeat - if your unborn baby's heartbeat is 140 beats per minute or higher, than you're carrying a girl. A heartbeat lower than 140 means you're carrying a boy. At our 9 week OB appointment, the heartbeat was 176, and although I can't remember what it was from our 13 week appointment, it has consistently been over 140 on our doppler (however accurate that is.) I'd say girl.
4. Body Clues - apparently if girls "steal your beauty" so if you have acne and skin blemishes, you're having a girl, but if you have dry hands and cold feet, you're having a boy. I don't have a lot of acne, I never have, but I have had a pimple or two pop up. However, my feet are always cold, even before pregnancy, so I'd say this is a draw, neither boy or girl.
5. Chinese Gender Chart - I put my information into this Chinese gender chart generator, and it came up as boy.
6. Mayan Gender Chart - The Mayans use a method that looks at the age at conception (24) and the year the baby was conceived (2013.) If both are even or odd, it's a girl. If one is even and one is odd, it's a boy. This one says boy!
7. Sympathy Weight - If your spouse has been indulging in your pregnancy cravings and gains a bit of weight, apparently it's a girl. I'd say Keegan has been partaking in my "cravings," but he hasn't added any weight. I'd say girl.
8. History of Parent's Kids - if you're the first born, you will have what your mother had but starting with her second child. If you're the middle child, you'll have what she had, but starting with the third child. If you're the last child, you will have what she had, in the exact order. Well, my mom had 3 girls, so this one points to girl!
9. What Does Mom Think? - apparently 71% of the time, mom to be knows what she's having.* I've said it's a girl from day one, so we'll see! +1 for girl
10. The Ring Test - take off your wedding ring and tie it to a string. If it swings in a circle, it's a boy; if it sways back and forth, it's a girl. We tried this and it swung back in forth while spinning, so I'd say it's inconclusive.
Honorable Mention: Drano - apparently if you mix a your urine with a tablespoon of Drano and the liquid turns green, it's a girl, but if it turns blue, it's a boy. I didn't test this one out because it sounds dangerous, and some websites warn it can actually cause an explosion!
According to the old wives tales, we're having a girl! We find out tomorrow, but won't post it here until we tell all of our family and friends. If you're dying to know, you can follow me on twitter! Anyone have any guesses either way?
I took a lot of ideas from this website.
* Statistic taken off of this website.