How far along: 19 weeks
Total Weight Gain/Loss: still -8 pounds from prepregnancy weight. Dr. L didn't say anything about my weight on Thursday, so I guess I'm doing well.
- food aversions, specifically protein. I actually had a craving for a Longhorn burger this week, so maybe this is getting better?
- loss of sex drive
- getting winded easier
- sugar lows
- headaches - I get headaches and my vision goes black when I get up from laying down. I talked to Dr. L about this at our appointment and she said it's a normal pregnancy problem where blood rushes from your head if you get up too fast. She reminded me that I'm pregnant and need to start slowing down!
- super vibrant dreams - Thankfully I've only had one nightmare the entire pregnancy.
- Sunday night, after I posted my week 18 update, I hoped in the shower. I don't know if I had the water too hot or what, but about halfway through the shower, I got light headed, my arms felt really week, I was super nauseous, and I felt like I needed to sit down right then and there. Unfortunately I still had conditioner in my hair, so I quickly rinsed it out, grabbed my towel, and walked towards the bedroom to lie down on the bed. I only made it so far as the carpet next to the bed when I really really needed to sit in fear of passing out. Thankfully after sitting, cooling down, and drinking some water, I felt better, but the weak feeling stayed with me throughout the night. So strange!
- I've noticed lately that my back is hurting in my work chair. I do primarily sit at work, but I'm up every hour or so to walk to the bathroom. Has anyone swapped out their traditional work chair for a yoga ball? I was thinking about doing it later in pregnancy when I was more uncomfortable, but earlier might be better.
- I like to sit in my work chair crossed legged (probably why my back hurts!) and I've noticed lately that I can't use my lower ab muscles to get my legs up. I have to actually lean down and hoist them up now.
- I'm one of the lucky PCOS ladies who has hair growth on her chin. Before pregnancy, I was able to wax it maybe once a month, but since becoming pregnant, I've noticed it's been growing much faster to the point where I have to wax every other week or so. I haven't noticed my leg hair or the hair on my head growing any faster, so maybe this is a side effect of being off the Metformin?
Stretch marks: Nothing new. I have noticed my belly gets itchy at night sometimes, so I just slather on whatever lotion I have handy.
Sleep: I actually had a night this week where I only got up once to pee. It was amazing! All the other nights had multiple midnight trips; I'm getting really good at maneuvering our bedroom and bathroom with my eyes half open.
Best moment last week: Our appointment where we found out Breadcrumb's sex. I'm also feeling more movements.
Movement: Yep! Thinking I may have seen a few from the outside, so hopefully Keegan can feel them soon as well.
Food cravings: Water. Haven't had too many other "cravings" this week. Figuring out what I want to eat each day is the biggest pain in the butt.
Gender: Breadcrumb is a......
Boy! I can't believe it! I would have bet money on Breadcrumb being a girl, but it was so obvious he's a boy that I could even tell before the ultrasound tech said anything. I think I'm still wrapping my head around having a son, I don't know much about the world of trucks and dirt!
Labor signs: Zilch, thank goodness.
Belly button? Much shallower! I predict it'll be an outie by the end of pregnancy.
What I miss: Coke, that's really it!
What I am looking forward to: A consignment event on Wednesday that I can actually shop for clothes at. Knowing the sex makes things so much easier.
Baby Buys: Nothing this week, but we've been trying to make progress on our registries. My boss also bought some cute boy clothes since we found out the sex.
Milestones: Almost half way, and finding out the sex!